Do you want to know God?
Do you want to have a personal relationship with God? Would you like Him to begin to transform your life? Here's how you can begin:
1. Recognize that Jesus Christ is Lord and God, and that He died on the cross for your sins and rose from the grave to give you eternal life.
The Bible tells us that we are sinners and that we deserve death.
- "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).
- "For the wages of sin is death, but the gracious gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23).
We have all done things that deserve God's punishment, but there is hope and forgiveness in Jesus! God sent His Son to die on a cross and take our punishment for our sins.
- "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).
Jesus rose from the dead to make us right before God and give us eternal life.
- "Jesus our Lord...was delivered over on account of our transgressions, and was raised on account of our justification" (Romans 4:24-25).
- "But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you" (Romans 8:11).
2. Repent of your sin.
To repent means to change your direction in life. Instead of running from God, we can run toward Him.
- "Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away" (Acts 3:19).
3. Receive Jesus Christ into your life by having faith in Him.
Becoming a Christian is not merely believing some creed or going to church. It is having Christ Himself take residence in your life.
- "We have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ" (Galatians 2:16).
- "Whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3:15-18).
If you would like to have a relationship with Jesus Christ, you can pray a prayer like this and mean it in your heart:
"Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I believe You died for my sins. Right now, I turn from my sins and open the door of my heart and life. I confess You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. Amen."
Starting Point: Your Next Step Starts Here
Do you want to discover God's purpose for your life? In our Starting Point class, you will explore what it looks like to begin your journey with Jesus, grow in your faith, and live a life on mission.
Even if you are already a faithful follower of Jesus, our Starting Point class is the best way for new people to our church to discover Broadview and start their journey here.